Duration: 03Days/02 Nights
Highest Point: 5752m. Pisco Summit.
Route: Climbing Nevado Pisco
Recommended season: Early May to Late August
Number of persons per Guide: 2- 3 Person
The Pisco Mountain is part of the Cordillera Blanca and this in turn is part of a mountain range called Massif de Huandoy. The Pisco Mountain is quite well known and very popular due to its easy access and spectacular views from the summit; In addition to being an ideal mountain to achieve good acclimatization and then climb more technically challenging mountains.
Day 01: Huaraz- Yuraccoral 3870 m. - Pisco Base Camp 4650 m.
From the city of Huaraz, we will take a private transport to the northeast to the place called Yuraccoral, the approximate travel time is 3 hours and along the way, you will be able to see incredible landscapes and fertile cultivation fields, as well as two beautiful lagoons: Chinancocha (lag. Female) and Orconcocha (lag. Macho) within the LLanganuco Valley, after 3 hours of travel we finally arrive at Yuraccorral, where we will start with our walk towards the base camp of Pisco mount, the walk lasts approximately 4 to 5 hours, along a path that ascends gradually to our first camp.
Day 02: Base Camp- Pisco Summit 5752 m. - Base Camp
Today we begin our hike very early, we leave at 1:00 AM and crossing a path of brunettes to reach the glacier where we put all the climbing equipment to start with our ascent towards the summit of the Pisco Mount. We pass very steep slopes with an inclination of 35-40 °. Once at the summit we will have impressive views of many peaks around us, including the imposing Chacraraju, Artesonraju (which is used as a Paramount Pictures logo), the 4 peaks of the Huandoy, Caraz, Huascaran, and even the Alpamayo that is known as the most beautiful mountain in the world and others. After a restful and relaxing break we descend to the base camp. It will take us 7-8 hours approximately.
Day 03: Pisco Base Camp – Yurac Corral- Huaraz
After our last breakfast, we descend from the base camp of Pisco towards Cebollapampa and then continue walking to Yurac Corral, where our transport it will be waiting to bring back us to Huaraz City, after 3 hour driving we will arrive here and then transfer in your hotel.
INCLUDED IN THE PRICE:
- All private tours, all private transport and the price system guarantees your departure and only with your team members.
- Official bilingual guides with good manners and social behavior
- Official mountain cooks (Our expeditions always go with guide & cook, amount depending on the amount of participants).
- Good and varied food - best quality (vegetarian option).
- Climbing in the Cordillera Blanca always with accredited guides, no exceptions.
- Porters, donkeys and donkey drivers, amount depending on the amount of participants and nature of your expedition.
- We respect working conditions and local tariffs of staff - no exploitation
- Imported tents from Eureka, Mountain Hard ware, North face and Ferrino brand, 3 person tents for every 2 customers, 2 person tent for every single person.
- All camping equipment and cooking/eating utensils.
- Self inflating Matresses (Thermarest)
- Clients carry day pack only, approx. 12 kg per client on the donkeys
- Safety horses in case of emergency or fatigue (until 6 pax -> 1 horse, until 12 pax -> 2 horses, until 18 pax -> 3 horses …).
- All entrance fees
- First aid kit and oxygen bottle
NOT INCLUDED IN THE PRICE:
- Not mentioned or additional beverages or meals in villages
- Sleeping bag (rental US $ 7.00 per day + US $ 5.00 for obligatory laundry)
- Breakfast on the 1st day (hotel) and dinner on the last day.
- Tip for the staff
- Travel accidents and health insurance
- Return or abortion otherwise as planned itinerary: transport & possible accommodation costs (also for staff)
- Personal mountain equipment.
WHAT TO PACK
CLIMBING GEAR LIST
We understand how important it is for our clients to have the right equipment on their trips. That’s why we provide you with this Climbing Equipment and Gear List, which gives you a detailed inventory of all the items you need during your excursion.
We recommend to always purchasing quality equipment: we realize that this may be expensive, but it can mean the difference between reaching a summit and not.
Some (technical) equipment can be provided by Unlimited Expedition (as indicated below); please let us know beforehand if you bring these items yourself or if you would like to use Unlimited Expedition gear.
- Outer socks, thick wool or polypropylene - 1 pair
- Inner socks, thin silk or polypropylene - 1 pair
- Plastic double mountaineering boots – 1 pair
- Gaiters – 1 pair
- Lightweight polypropylene - 1
- Fleece jacket - 1
- Breathable windproof outer jacket, such as Gore-Tex, with hood - 1
- Polypropylene or underpants - 1 pair
- Fleece pants (full length side zippers recommended) – 1 pair
- Breathable windproof pants such as Gore-Tex – 1 pair
- Mittens, thick fleece - 1 pair
- Gloves, polypropylene or capilene - 1 pair
- Gore-Tex wind shells for mittens- 1 pair
- Balaclava - 1
- Baseball cap - 1
- Down or polar guard sleeping bag comfortable to minus 10 Celsius - 1
- Backpack large (50+ liters) - 1
- Ice axe 70 cm
- Crampons, 12 points
- Ski poles
- Climbing harness
- Climbing helmet