CLIMBING NEVADO TOCLLARAJU
Duration: 04 Days/03 Nights
Highest Point: 6034m.
Route: Climbing Nevado Tocllaraju
Recommended Season: June - August
Number of person per Guide: 2
Day 01: Huaraz- Pashpa- Base Camp 4350 m
On our first day of the tour, from the city of Huaraz, we will pick you up at your hotel and drive to the Northeast to the town of Cochapampa, here our friends the donkey drivers will wait for us with the donkeys. From here we will begin our adventure walking among tree forests of Quenual to reach the base camp. The walking time from the beginning to the camp is approximately 4 hours.
Day 02: Base Camp – Moraine Camp 5100m
Today is a short day, so we will leave the base camp a little later, almost along the stretch, we will walk along a zigzag path for an average of 4 hours until we reach the 5100m moraine camp, where we will install our camp.
Day 03: Moraine Camp- Tocllaraju Summit 6034 m. - Base Camp
Today is a challenging day, especially for those who have never been over 6 thousand meters, here could be the first, we will begin the ascent at 1 in the morning on a large glacier until we reach the first wall of at least 50 m having an inclination of 55-65 °; After climbing it, we will reach a ridge from where you can see Conchucos Alley, we will continue ascending and we will reach the summit of this colossal mountain and as a reward we will have a splendid views of numerous peaks. After having a relaxing break and taking many pictures, we will descend to the moraine camp and in the afternoon, we will be returning to the base camp. This day will take an average of 6 to 7 hours of walking.
Day 04: Base Camp- Pashpa - Huaraz
We return to the city of Huaraz, after several days on the mountain, everyone wants to return and have some contact with civilization; we will take the same path as the first day and will quickly lead us to the town of Cochapampa where our transport will be waiting to drive us back to the city of Huaraz.
INCLUDED IN THE PRICE:
- All private tours, all private transport and the price system guarantees your departure and only with your team members.
- Official bilingual guides with good manners and social behavior
- Official mountain cooks (Our expeditions always go with guide & cook, amount depending on the amount of participants).
- Good and varied food - best quality (vegetarian option).
- Climbing in the Cordillera Blanca always with accredited guides, no exceptions.
- Porters, donkeys and donkey drivers, amount depending on the amount of participants and nature of your expedition.
- We respect working conditions and local tariffs of staff - no exploitation
- Imported tents from Eureka, Mountain Hard ware, North face and Ferrino brand, 3 person tents for every 2 customers, 2 person tent for every single person.
- All camping equipment and cooking/eating utensils.
- Self inflating Matresses (Thermarest)
- Clients carry day pack only, approx. 12 kg per client on the donkeys
- Safety horses in case of emergency or fatigue (until 6 pax -> 1 horse, until 12 pax -> 2 horses, until 18 pax -> 3 horses …).
- All entrance fees
- First aid kit and oxygen bottle
NOT INCLUDED IN THE PRICE:
- Not mentioned or additional beverages or meals in villages
- Sleeping bag (rental US $ 7.00 per day + US $ 5.00 for obligatory laundry)
- Breakfast on the 1st day (hotel) and dinner on the last day.
- Tip for the staff
- Travel accidents and health insurance
- Return or abortion otherwise as planned itinerary: transport & possible accommodation costs (also for staff)
- Personal mountain equipment.
WHAT TO PACK
CLIMBING GEAR LIST
We understand how important it is for our clients to have the right equipment on their trips. That’s why we provide you with this Climbing Equipment and Gear List, which gives you a detailed inventory of all the items you need during your excursion.
We recommend to always purchasing quality equipment: we realize that this may be expensive, but it can mean the difference between reaching a summit and not.
Some (technical) equipment can be provided by Unlimited Expedition (as indicated below); please let us know beforehand if you bring these items yourself or if you would like to use Unlimited Expedition gear.
- Outer socks, thick wool or polypropylene - 1 pair
- Inner socks, thin silk or polypropylene - 1 pair
- Plastic double mountaineering boots – 1 pair
- Gaiters – 1 pair
- Lightweight polypropylene - 1
- Fleece jacket - 1
- Breathable windproof outer jacket, such as Gore-Tex, with hood - 1
- Polypropylene or underpants - 1 pair
- Fleece pants (full length side zippers recommended) – 1 pair
- Breathable windproof pants such as Gore-Tex – 1 pair
- Mittens, thick fleece - 1 pair
- Gloves, polypropylene or capilene - 1 pair
- Gore-Tex wind shells for mittens- 1 pair
- Balaclava - 1
- Baseball cap - 1
- Down or polar guard sleeping bag comfortable to minus 10 Celsius - 1
- Backpack large (50+ liters) - 1
- Ice axe 70 cm
- Crampons, 12 points
- Ski poles
- Climbing harness
- Climbing helmet