Recommended season: Early April to late November
Highest point: 4200m Lake Paron
Difficulty: Easy- Moderate
Time: Full Day
This Lagoon, with its 3 and a half kilometers in length, is the largest in the Cordillera Blanca and is located east of the city of Caraz at 4200 m; This place is ideal for an acclimatization walk, next to the lagoon, on the left bank there is a path that leads us to the head of the lagoon, from where it is possible to appreciate one of the faces of the Arteson Raju mountain, which is also known as Paramount Pictures Mountain for being the movie logo in the United States; Also this place is ideal for those interested in capturing the most incredible shots of the lake surrounded by impressive peaks such as the.
After breakfast our guide will come to pick you up at your Hotel and with private transport you will be taken north from the city of Huaraz to the city of Caraz and then we will begin the ascent towards the east by an unpaved road, after driving on a 2 hours average we will arrive at the Refuge that is located very close to the Lagoon, at a height of 4200m. This will be our starting and ending point for our walk. During our tour you can enjoy an amazing and impressive landscape taking photos and having lunch by the lagoon to finally return along the same path and take our private transport back to the city of Huaraz-Hotel.
- Private transport
- Official bilingual guides with good manners and social behavior
- Lunch box
- Entrance fees to Huascaran National Park
- First Aid kid and Oxygen Bottle
PARON LAKE LAKE EQUIPMENT LIST
We understand how important it is for our clients to have the right equipment on their trips. That’s why we provide you with this Trekking Gear List, which gives you a detailed inventory of all the items you need during your excursion.
- Walking Boots
- Lightweight long underwear bottoms
- Comfortable and lightweight cotton or synthetic pants
- Water/windproof pants
- Lightweight long underwear tops
- Mid weight top layer
- Down or synthetic fill parka or sweater with hood
- Water/windproof jacket
- Lightweight gloves
- Shelled gloves
- Warm hat
- Neck gaiter and/or balaclava
- Ear band
- Sun hat
- Light cotton long sleeved shirt
- Trekking Poles
- Sunscreen: At least 30 SPF or higher.
- Lip balm: With sunscreen.
First Aid Kit:
- Insect Repellent
- Repair Kit
- Personal Toiletries
- Ear Plugs
- Water Bottles
- Water Purification
- Snack food
- Sun glasses
- Duffel Bag
- Day Pack: A large-is (30 liters) day pack is recommended.
- Stuff Bags: A few assorted stuff sacks to help organize your gear
- Entertainment Selection
- Passport: Make a photocopy or two and keep apart from your passport.
- Solar charging panels