RAJUCOLCA LAKE AT 4250m
Recommended season: Early April to late November
Highest point: 4250m Lake Rajucolta
Difficulty: Easy- moderate
Time: 5 hours hike to the lake round trip
This is for many visitors one of the most amazing day hikes within the Huascaran National Park area, due to the magnificent view of Huantsan Mount. 6395m., this is the second highest and the second most difficult mountain to climb in the Cordillera Blanca, also known as the K2 in Peru and the Cordillera Blanca. This majestic mountain dominates the surrounding landscape, so the beautiful waterfalls and the wonderful valley sometimes go unnoticed. This is an ideal acclimatization hike even for the first day because it is Qualified as an easy to moderate hike since it takes us an average of only 5 hours to go and return.
Our Guide will pick you up at your hotel in our private transportation and then drive you to the southeast of Huaraz, passing through the town of Macashca. After driving between 2 and 2 hours and a half we will arrive at the starting point of our trek that is located within the Huascaran National Park; From this place we will begin our trek in an extremely flat and beautiful valley, where we appreciate a lot of vegetation and a large amount of cattle, following the course of the river in a beautiful valley with a colossal landscape we arrive at this lake named Rajucolta, which is without Incredibly beautiful doubt located right at the foot of the majestic snow of Huantsan (6395m) at 4250m. The peace, tranquility and beauty of this beautiful paradise, gives you this unforgettable hiking experience in this lovely land. We will have a break for an average of 2 hours at the lake to enjoy lunch and take many photos before returning to the starting point where our private transport awaits us to take us back to the city of Huaraz-Hotel.
- Private transport
- Official bilingual guides with good manners and social behavior
- Lunch box
- Entrance fees to Huascaran National Park
- First Aid kid and Oxygen Bottle
RAJUCOLCALAKE LAKE EQUIPMENT LIST
We understand how important it is for our clients to have the right equipment on their trips. That’s why we provide you with this Trekking Gear List, which gives you a detailed inventory of all the items you need during your excursion.
- Walking Boots
- Lightweight long underwear bottoms
- Comfortable and lightweight cotton or synthetic pants
- Water/windproof pants
- Lightweight long underwear tops
- Mid weight top layer
- Down or synthetic fill parka or sweater with hood
- Water/windproof jacket
- Lightweight gloves
- Shelled gloves
- Warm hat
- Neck gaiter and/or balaclava
- Ear band
- Sun hat
- Light cotton long sleeved shirt
- Trekking Poles
- Sunscreen: At least 30 SPF or higher.
- Lip balm: With sunscreen.
First Aid Kit:
- Insect Repellent
- Repair Kit
- Personal Toiletries
- Ear Plugs
- Water Bottles
- Water Purification
- Snack food
- Sun glasses
- Duffel Bag
- Day Pack: A large-is (30 liters) day pack is recommended.
- Stuff Bags: A few assorted stuff sacks to help organize your gear
- Entertainment Selection
- Passport: Make a photocopy or two and keep apart from your passport.
- Solar charging panels