WILLKACOCHA LAKE HALF DAY HIKE
Recommended season: Early April to late November
Highest point: 3700m Lake Willkacocha
Difficulty: Easy- Moderate
Time: Half Day
This is a beautiful lake located in the Cordillera Negra and southwest of the city of Huaraz at an altitude of 3700m. To get to this beautiful place, you drive around 15 minutes to the San Pedro Bridge and then the walk to the lagoon that will take at least 2 hours begins. This hike is easy and it is truly ideal that it provides us with a good half-day acclimatization to begin and then ascend to greater heights. This place is an impressive viewpoint to see panoramic views of the Cordillera Blanca western part; you also have the opportunity to interact with the gentle local people of the place and share unforgettable moments.
After breakfast our Guide will come to pick you up at your Hotel with private transport and drive them to the starting point, once on the way we can meet local people and see that they still retain their traditional colorful Andean clothing and also see their traditional adobe houses with roof double water Along the way we are going to go gradually we will see farmland where local people continue to sow and produce products such as wheat, corn and potatoes. Upon reaching the lake, one is surprised by the magnificent views of the Cordillera Blanca with its impressive mountains. Before starting our easy descent to the Start Bridge we have a break for lunch and take photos with the great view of the peaks of the Cordillera Blanca and the Callejon de Huaylas valley, since our private transport will be waiting to take us back to the Hotel Huaraz The total time of this acclimatization trip is approximately 5 hours.
- Private transport
- Official bilingual guides with good manners and social behavior
- Lunch box
- Entrance fees to Huascaran National Park
- First Aid kid and Oxygen Bottle
WILLKACOCHA LAKE HALF DAY HIKE EQUIPMENT LIST
We understand how important it is for our clients to have the right equipment on their trips. That’s why we provide you with this Trekking Gear List, which gives you a detailed inventory of all the items you need during your excursion.
- Walking Boots
- Lightweight long underwear bottoms
- Comfortable and lightweight cotton or synthetic pants
- Water/windproof pants
- Lightweight long underwear tops
- Mid weight top layer
- Down or synthetic fill parka or sweater with hood
- Water/windproof jacket
- Lightweight gloves
- Shelled gloves
- Warm hat
- Neck gaiter and/or balaclava
- Ear band
- Sun hat
- Light cotton long sleeved shirt
- Trekking Poles
- Sunscreen: At least 30 SPF or higher.
- Lip balm: With sunscreen.
First Aid Kit:
- Insect Repellent
- Repair Kit
- Personal Toiletries
- Ear Plugs
- Water Bottles
- Water Purification
- Snack food
- Sun glasses
- Duffel Bag
- Day Pack: A large-is (30 liters) day pack is recommended.
- Stuff Bags: A few assorted stuff sacks to help organize your gear
- Entertainment Selection
- Passport: Make a photocopy or two and keep apart from your passport.
- Solar charging panels