HUAYHUASH MINI TREK
This is a variant of the Huayhuash mini trek, with the difference of having much more view traveling almost half of the Huayhuash Range circuit, in 5 days of hiking; you can see incredible views of impressive mountains, breathtaking turquoise lagoons, areas with fossils and incredible flora and fauna typical of the area.
Route: Huayhuash- Alternative Mini Trek
Duration: 05 Days/04 Nights
Recommended Season: Early April to last October
Highest Point: 51400m. Glacier Trapecio
Difficulty: Easy- Moderate
Average hours to walk: 6 - 7 hours per day
DAY 1: HUARAZ- QUARTELWAIN VIA CHIQUIAN
This is our first day, after the breakfast in the hotel our guide will be going to pick up you to the hotel; we will start our travel at 8:00am. Approximately to the south east side of Huaraz City, along the road we will pass by Recuay Province and different district as Ticapampa, Catac and Conococha at 4100m. From here we will travel to the east side and Southeast to Chiquian Province at 3400m., where you can buy something or have early lunch, the travel take about 3 hours, then we will go down for about 1 hour and go up to Llamac for about 1 hour more, during this travel we will observe the Mountains on the east side such as Ninashanca, Jirichanca, Yerupaja, etc. Arrive to Llamac around 12:00m at 3300m., and then we go on, along this route we will pass by the small village called Pocpa and small mine arriving to the camp site around 1:00 – 1:30 pm approximately. From here we will see the Ninashanca and Rondoy Mountains in the south, overnight camping at 4300m.
DAY 2: QUARTELWAIN- CARHUACOCHA
Today is a long challenging day, because we have two passes and 21 kilometers of walk approximately. After having breakfast we go up toward the first pass Cacananpunta 4690m., we will walk for about 2 or 3 hours to get there, where we can see Condors (Andean bird) almost every day especially in the mornings. From the pass we walk down for about 2 hours more until Janca 4300m, and then we star walking up again to the next pass Carhuac or Yana Punta 4650, it will take us 2 or 2 and a half hour more; but before we will do a break to have a lunch on the way. Once we are on the second ass will be easy way down to our next Camping place called Carhuacocha, from here we can see mountains such as: Jirishanca chico and Grande, Yerupaja, Siula Grande; Carnicero and Jurao, we will sleep by the Carhuacocha Lake, this is very beautiful place from here you can see really impressive mountains.
DAY 3: CARHUACOCHA-HUAYHUASH
This day is a bit difficult because of the distance and the altitude, we will walk 14 kilometers and we will go over the Siula Punta Pass 4830 m., at beginning it is easy; but the last part is a little bit difficult before to get to Siula pass; after the pass it’s just down till Huayhuash camping place, the view during the walking day It’s fantastic and breathtaking, we will walk next to three lakes and very close to the impressive mountains (Jerupaja Grande and Chico, Siula Grande, Jirishanca, Carnicero and Jurao A & B).
DAY 4: HUAYHUASH- TRAPECIO PASS- HUAYHUASH
After the breakfast we start our walk around 7 AM towards the pass Trapecio Punta 5010m., in average is 3 hours walking to be there and when we are here we can get a wonderful view of several mountains of Huayhuash and Raura Mountain Range and when we go 100 meters higher to the right from the pass, we can touch and walk on the ice and snow, so you can have an unique and different experience in the Huayhuash area, after enjoy this amazing morning having unforgettable and memorable moments, we start descending by the same trail till the Huayhuash Campsite, overnight at 4390m.
DAY 5: HUAYHUASH-TUPAC- HUARAZ VIA UNION CITY
This is our last day; it will be a long day, so we will wake up early today and have early breakfast, we will walk around 5 kilometers till the town called Tupac and in time will be about 2 hours to get there. Once we are here we will put all our luggages in our transportation and then we will drive for several hours, first to La Union Province and then to Huaraz, we will arrive around 5PM to Huaraz city and then transfer in your Hotel.
INCLUDED IN THE PRICE:
- All private tours, all private transport and the price system guarantees your departure and only with your team members.
- Official bilingual guides with good manners and social behavior
- Official mountain cooks (Our expeditions always go with guide & cook, amount depending on the amount of participants).
- Good and varied food - best quality (vegetarian option).
- Climbing in the Cordillera Blanca always with accredited guides, no exceptions.
- Porters, donkeys and donkey drivers, amount depending on the amount of participants and nature of your expedition.
- We respect working conditions and local tariffs of staff - no exploitation
- Imported tents from Eureka, Mountain Hard ware, North face and Ferrino brand, 3 person tents for every 2 customers, 2 person tent for every single person.
- All camping equipment and cooking/eating utensils.
- Self inflating Matresses (Thermarest)
- Clients carry day pack only, approx. 12 kg per client on the donkeys
- Safety horses in case of emergency or fatigue (until 6 pax -> 1 horse, until 12 pax -> 2 horses, until 18 pax -> 3 horses …).
- All entrance fees
- First aid kit and oxygen bottle
NOT INCLUDED IN THE PRICE:
- Not mentioned or additional beverages or meals in villages
- Sleeping bag (rental US $ 7.00 per day + US $ 5.00 for obligatory laundry)
- Breakfast on the 1st day (hotel) and dinner on the last day.
- Tip for the staff
- Travel accidents and health insurance
- Return or abortion otherwise as planned itinerary: transport & possible accommodation costs (also for staff)
- Personal mountain equipment.
TREKKING EQUIPMENT LIST
We understand how important it is for our clients to have the right equipment on their trips. That’s why we provide you with this Trekking Gear List, which gives you a detailed inventory of all the items you need during your excursion.
- Walking Boots
- Lightweight long underwear bottoms
- Comfortable and lightweight cotton or synthetic pants
- Water/windproof pants
- Lightweight long underwear tops
- Mid weight top layer
- Down or synthetic fill parka or sweater with hood
- Water/windproof jacket
- Lightweight gloves
- Shelled gloves
- Warm hat
- Neck gaiter and/or balaclava
- Ear band
- Sun hat
- Light cotton long sleeved shirt
- Trekking Poles
- Sunscreen: At least 30 SPF or higher.
- Lip balm: With sunscreen.
First Aid Kit:
- Insect Repellent
- Repair Kit
- Personal Toiletries
- Ear Plugs
- Water Bottles
- Water Purification
- Snack food
- Sun glasses
- Duffel Bag
- Day Pack: A large-is (30 liters) day pack is recommended.
- Stuff Bags: A few assorted stuff sacks to help organize your gear
- Entertainment Selection
- Passport: Make a photocopy or two and keep apart from your passport.
- Solar charging panels